Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Giving thanks for being lost.


Readers,

Whatever you do, whatever your situation, whatever condition you are in right now... Praise God. Give thanks to Him. 

For the past six or seven months, since I have been in an intense relationship with Christ, my life has changed. In so many ways, though these things may seem small on the outside, but on the inside, my heart is exploding with joy; and I feel that so many doors are opening for me and those around me.

Let me tell you a story about where I was, even a few months ago. 

As a recent college graduate, honestly, I was lost. I was scared. I did not know what I wanted to do with my life. Well, I knew what I wanted to do, but... I didn't know where to start. So naturally, with my degree in English, I thought that my best choice was right at this very moment was to just start applying for jobs (knowing that the very first place I applied for would hire me, well that didn't happen), and I would get on with my life. Save money, start paying my loans back, move out and grow up... Well, that was obviously not in God's plan. I interviewed for a coffee shop about a month and a half ago, the interview went really well, and the manager said that she would call me by the end of the week. Well, I never received the call- yes, I have been looking elsewhere for other jobs. Heartbroken and discouraged, I was encouraged by the fact that there's a family that I help with their children, and they were coming back to Albuquerque for a short while to visit (currently, I am helping them and my heart is over joyed). Yet, still looking for a job, I was presented with another opportunity. A sweet friend of mine was in need of a nanny. She messaged me on Facebook asking if I wanted to take care of her two sweet little boys. Of course, I said yes! I am so excited to be apart of these kiddos lives. 

But, what does this have to do with anything?  Well, for months now every morning when I wake, and every night before I go to sleep, I give absolute thanks to Christ. I thank Christ for what abundance I have, I thank Him for the food in my house, for the dogs that protect me, for the cat that meows at me at 3 in the morning, for my mother, my brothers, my father, every great moment, and every moment that is not so great. I gave my worries and my fears to God, and in trusting Him, my worries were seemingly melting away.

 Also, with the worrying about a job, I was worrying about  what I was going to do with my life- because, after all, I can't live with my mom for forever. Suddenly, I felt as if there was a calling placed upon my heart, upon my LIFE. Ministry. MINISTRY. Going into ministry had been on my heart for about a year now, but being the silly disobedient person I didn't listen the first time; so the chance to go into ministry was presented to me again through my church. I took that leap of faith and applied- as silly as this seems, there is such great comfort in the unknown. I can't wait to start helping in different ministries, help with the city, with the women, with lost college students. I cannot wait.


But, all of this goodness I gave thanks. I gave thanks through the times I felt so lost, through the good times, through everything. I have even been tithing- and it is amazing the goodness that has been poured into my life. 

I cannot wait for the things to come. 

My sweet readers, I challenge you to just to give thanks. Give thanks to the Lord, and give thanks to the things that are unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment